image

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Dollar climbs two-year peaks, risk stays in focus

Forex dollar scales two-year peak versus basket of currencies, Euro slumps to two-year low against dollar.

The dollar climbed to a fresh two-year high versus the euro and a basket of currencies in choppy trade on Thursday as investors nervous of a severe global recession kept their faith in reserve currencies.

A brief rise in stocks on Wall Street and aggressive dollar selling by the Brazilian central bank helped to lend some stability to emerging market currencies, limiting the dollar's upward momentum, analysts said.

Emerging market currencies have borne the brunt of the global financial crisis as U.S.-based investors offloaded assets in developing markets and repatriated the money.

Analysts were skeptical that the calm would be sustainable, with investors remaining wary of a sharp global economic downturn and a poor profit outlook for corporations.

"The Brazilian central bank intervened materially and bought reals against the dollar ... that seems to have calmed the price action, not only in the G10, but global currencies as well,

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I have looked over your blog a few times and I love it. I would like to
speak with you about possibly working together to help us both be more
successful and make you more money, without you having to lifting a
finger. If you are interested in speaking please give me a call.

We have a lot of great material that I think your readers would
appreciate you introducing to them. I can set you up with a staff
membership of our products first so that you can see what we have to
offer. Best of all this is not costing you a thing in fact every month
you will make extra money other affiliates of INO are making money in
the six figures.

Do you work with any strategic partnerships? If you have a chance you
could send me over your ad rates as well as some traffic statistics.
I know you are busy but if you have a chance take a look at our site
www.ino.com and let me know what you think.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Michelle Boswell

Partner Relations
www.ino.com
1800-538-7424 ext-128

Prakash Dhawan said...

If you have any add for my site, then its my pleaser to accept your proposal.
Mail me:- pdhawan6@gmail.com

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner